CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Have you missed me?!

4 months away from my blog, and it was 4 months too long!!! I've missed blogging! But it has been pretty crazy around here! This post is going to be extra long! I have A LOT to catch up on! Braxton started walking in March. Right before his daddy came home! I hope Braxton wont be TOO mad at me when he grows up, because I don't have months 14, 15, 16, or 17 recorded... There hasn't been too much that has changed.

Mitch came home March 20th, 2011. It was a Sunday afternoon. He was due to arrive around 2:45. Then it got switched to 2, and then 12. It was a mess! He ended up not landing until the original time of 2:45. It's a day I don't think I will ever forget. That excitement you feel, waiting for the plane to land and to be in your soldiers arms, is INDESCRIBABLE. Braxton was grumpier that all get out. Of course, right? The day of all days, that I don't want him to be grumpy, and he is a BEAR!!! I had a photographer there, so we could capture and keep the moments forever. His plane landed, and he was one of the first ones off the plane! I was at the opposite end of the plane! They had guards standing around so that we wouldn't bombard our soldiers. I saw Mitch coming down the line and I RAN to him, and the guard yelled at me... "HEY! YOU GET BACK!!" So I kinda laughed and was thinking SERIOUSLY?! My man is right THERE and you want me to get back?! HA! Anyway, from there, we hugged, and kissed, and laughed, and cried. It was a moment to remember. Braxton was in my moms arms and she tried to set him on the ground so he would walk to his daddy. Ya, you guessed it, that wasn't happening!! So, my mom went and got him a cookie, and he was just fine after that, and he walked right to his daddy! It was an amazingly, wonderful day! Welcome home Mitch!!
























Mitch and I went on a cruise April 8th-14th. We left Braxton with my mom and Mitch's sister. That was the first time I had ever left him. Can I just say HEARTBREAKING?! I thought him ALL the time on the cruise! I missed my little munchkin! Mitch and I got to see Jamaica and The Grand Cayman Islands. We "climbed/hiked" Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica. And we went swimming with the Sting Rays in The Grand Cayman. 


I had to kiss these every night!











Some guy in Jamaica made me this Hummingbird.















We then came home for a couple weeks, and set off on vacation one last time, to sunny San Diego, California! Let's not talk about the plane ride there.. Let me just say this.. NIGHT MARE!!! Braxton screamed a great portion of the flight there. The poor people on that flight! Mitch's Grandpa lives out there. His wife (Mitch's grandma), died while mitch was in Afghanistan, so we went to see him since we weren't able to make it to the funeral. I got to meet his Aunt, Great aunt, Grandpa and one of his cousins. It was such a fun time! We didn't get to go to the beach though. Braxton got this crazy thing with his eye. He woke up one day and it was swollen shut, and it was really pink. It went down a little throughout the day, but not a lot. So we decided to take him to an insta-care instead of go to the beach. We couldn't find any insta-cares that were open on a Friday. So we ended up going to the hospital. The poor little sweet baby boy. They poked and prodded him. They gave him an I.V and a "catheter" like thing. They wanted to do blood samples and urine samples. The blood came back fine and the eventually decided not to do a urine sample. They never really told us what was wrong in the end. They just treated it as an infection, due to the fact it was really close to his brain, they didn't want to cause damage. We did get to go to Balboa Park, which was really neat! We also got to spend every night with his cousin and girlfriend which was really fun! 
We've moved into our house.. but it's still a disaster! Half of the house is missing carpet! We were really diligent for a long time to paint everyday, but we have kinda slowed WAY down now that we are "living" in it! We need to step it up about 10 notches and get it done already! I'll end the updates on "us" and start on my Braxton only updates! Thanks for being so patient while I have been away from my blog!

2 comments:

Nyra said...

WOW I have missed your blog

JaLeah said...

I haven't been very patient, but thanks for FINALLY getting back to it... HA HA HA love you guys so much! Those pics of Mitch coming home really made me tear up. What a beautiful family!!