Today, 23 years ago, my husband was brought into this world. 23 years ago! Man he is getting old! **Just kidding!** He is spending his birthday in Afghanistan this year, so I decided to celebrate for him here at home. I made a nice dinner and a cake... About the cake, let's just say that I am not meant to be a cake decorator! That's for sure!! I'm horrible and drawing designs and writing, so forgive me for that! I will try better next year. But, I did the best I could. Its the thought that counts, right? The icing is meant to be red, but it turned pink. I used like 3 bottles of red food coloring too. It just got more and more pink, so sorry Mitch!! I wish he could have been here to celebrate, but next year he will!!! I hope all my guests (just my family) enjoyed the meal and cake on Mitch's behalf! I love you babe! One year older, and wiser too... Happy Birthday to YOU!!! I hope your birthday was as enjoyable as possible
This is Mitch right as he landed in Maine, about to leave for Afghan
Click to enlarge!
3 comments:
I LOVE it!! Looks like you had a great party!! I hope he made a BIG wish!!
I love it!! Looks like you guys had a great time! I hope that he made a BIG wish!!! Great job on all the cooking!!
I think that is so great that you enjoyed your hubby's birthday without him. I'm sure he would have enjoyed every bit of it. I might have to start charging for all my good recipes everyones calls to get! Glad I could help out in some small way.
Happy Birthday Mitch!
Post a Comment