WOW!! WOW! WOW!!! The time has just flown by. I can't believe he is already one!! I remember just giving birth to him like it was yesterday!! Well, birthdays weren't really ever very big for me growing up. Yes I had a couple parties.. And we celebrated as a family. But I wanted Braxton's party to be a big celebration!! So, that it was. I have been planning and buying for his birthday since July!!! The poor little boy, all he wanted on the day before his birthday was his mom's attention. But I was busy making his cake. a good 17+ hours later, his cake was complete. A master piece I must say.. (Not as great as I had hoped.. but I still am happy about it) But I don't think I will ever attempt it again!! Braxton slept in on his birthday, my sister had to come wake me up, and he was just barely awake. We sang happy birthday to him, and our day began. It was uneventful until his party. He was the happiest I've ever seen him!!! He didn't have but maybe a half hour-hour nap!! He was just babbling and giggling the whole day!! We had his party at the Belle Monte clubhouse in PG. I had a ton of help from my mom, sisters, and my best friend setting everything up. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect night! Braxton was SPOILED!! We have a lot of people that love us and him. So THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone that came! We did a nacho bar equipped with chips, cheese, olives, beans, salsa, sour cream, and jalapenos. There was blue, green, and brown soda there. (His "theme" was blue, brown, and green.) His cake was there and ice cream. My mom also made some delicious gluten free sugar cookies! (I don't think anyone really knew they were gluten free!! :) ) I did a candy bar. Equipped with all sorts of blue, green and brown candy. I.E. Laffy taffy, salt water taffy, chocolate covered cinnamon bears, chocolate almonds, airheads, sour balls, candy canes, frooties and razzles. The kids self entertained with movies and a basketball court. I had a cake walk game with some prizes. It was the perfect evening. We opened presents, I should say, I opened presents and Brax tried to squirm away!! Then we let him eat his smash cake!! FUNNIEST KID EVER... He ate one sprinkle at a time.. He would NOT dig into his cake. So I pushed his hand in the cake and he would get the most disgusted look on his face like he was mortified his hands were dirty!! Happy First Birthday Braxton!! I love you!!!
Making and baking the 12 cakes I needed
Cutting the cake
Brax helping momma make the cake
17+ hours later, and TA-DA!!!
Spoiled little boy!!!
I left out some note cards so people could write birthday wishes to Braxton, so I could scrapbook them
Grandma Ware and Brax
He LOVED this monkey blanket! Thanks Malachi!
He ate the cake.... One sprinkle at a time!!
Are we done yet?!
2 comments:
Your cake looked amazing! We're glad Braxton had such a great birthday!
Oh, Im so happy it was a hit! The cake and decorations looked amazing! :) Youll have to give me some planning tips for whn the girls turn 1 :)
Post a Comment