CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 14

A hero that has let you down.

I don't have any "hero's" but I do have some people that have let me down. Mostly, my Dad. He has let me down most of my life. He was great to put a roof over my head, food on the table, and clothes on my back. But he was never "there" for me, when I needed him most. 

1 comment:

~Michelle~ said...

Sometimes we think people should give more than they do. And by all rights a daughter should have a daddy that was "there" for them. But I think that our dads version of "being there" WAS putting a roof over our heads and food on the table.
While I know and think things could have been better between us and dad and you and dad, he gave us what he knew how to give.
I think it's taken me failing my own children, in one aspect or another, to realize sometimes we expect people to give and receive love in the ways that we give it,expect it and receive it.
I think I have a need to see the glass half full rather than half empty these days. So I look at it like this, dad wasn't loving or the most emotionally supportive dad, maybe he doesn't know how to be. But he did stick around and house us and cloth us and feed us. And I think that should mean something as well.
I love you sis and I'm glad you wrote this post because it made me think about how I feel too. I hope you don't mind me posting my thoughts. If you do, you are welcome to delete this comment I promise it won't offend me. I just felt strongly that I needed to say the things I did. Maybe more so for me than for you.