On April 15th, Braxton and I hoped on a jet plane and flew to Seattle. The reason for this you ask? Well, I will tell you. Mitchell was stationed in Wa. while he was training to go to Afghanistan. He got a 4 day pass to do whatever he wanted, so he flew us out there. I couldn't have asked for a better baby, he slept the entire 2 hour plane ride!! What a relief!! We didn't do much while we were out there.. But, we did eat out alot! We even went to a park and played as a family! It was so much fun.
Mitchell's brother lives in Wa. He was so sweet, he got us our hotel at a great price, he showed us around town, hung out with us, and even went to the baseball game with us! Nicole, my sister in law was so sweet to take me to breakfast one morning, and then we went for a pretty drive by the waterfront, and then we went shopping at the BX. Which is a store for military families. Its like a mini Wal-mart, only half the price, and... wait for it... NO SALES TAX!!! I loved it! I went a little crazy and spent quite a bit of money. So about the baseball game. Can I just tell you, I LOVE LOVE LOVE BASEBALL!! And I've always wanted to go to a game. Mitch was so thoughtful and bought us some tickets to the Seattle Mariners game while we were there. Nicole bought Braxton the cutest little outfit that said "Born to be a Mariners fan". Thanks Nicole! Braxton did extremely well with all the loud noises, until he got hungry! And then he even fell asleep. It was the funnest time I'd had in 3 weeks! I hope to make baseball games (even if they aren't MLB) something we do more often.
The day we left, Mitch took us to the Space Needle!! I absolutely loved it! It was a beautiful view and a fun environment as well. Braxton wasn't too fond of the outside of the Space Needle, do to the fact it was incredibly windy. So we spent most of our time one the inside of it.
All in all, it was a great trip!! Hopefully the next 11 months goes by really fast!!
Oh.. I almost forgot, we drove past this house, it was bright blue, the bushes were blue and one of the pine trees had a hint of blue!!
1 comment:
The most fun you've had in a long time? What about your trip to ABQ? Huh, Huh?! Glad you had fun and you got to spend some time with your hubby. The space needle is a cool place unless you are afraid of heights!
Post a Comment